The Cameras



Last year -- sometime in the fall -- I acquired my first ever "real camera". For the past five years, I'd been shooting with an all-in-one super zoom by Olympus. Great little camera but took a bit of time to focus and was limiting my ability to capture ocean waves and others thing that move. Lions sitting still as if posing for a portrait -- however -- no problem!

This new camera of mine is also an Olympus but one with lenses and settings like aperture and shutter speed and the digital equivalent of film speed. You can also just use the good old failsafe -- auto -- but what is the fun in that? I've managed to master aperture (or so I think) with the camera doing the rest. I have to start on shutter and then learn to put the two together. In the meantime, I can lose myself for hours on the hunt for interesting photos. Can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon.


Comments