Vodka Tonic Anyone?





Up until about 10 minutes ago, I was convinced that I had taken a photo of a trash bag filled with empty gin and tonic bottles back in early June. I had a whole backstory planned for 500px about my first boss who used to use cheap gin and cheap vodka to make gin that tasted remarkably like Tangueray (the original). Or maybe it tasted like Tangueray because he poured that cheap concoction out of a Tangueray bottle? I remember slowly sipping  Gin & Tonics on the wide front porch of his house with colleagues and thinking that this was adulting at its finest. I swore off gin after over-imbibing it at a house party that we threw (also adulting). This was all in my 20s. 

Gin recently crept back into my life and my house because of Negronis, Zoom cocktail hours, and sheltering-in-place. These days it's Bombay Sapphire. I'll save the Campari stories for when I find a bag filled with empty Campari bottles. Hmm, a trip to Italy may be in order since I'm not sure how many bottles of Campari we Americans consume. Sadly, I'm on the "no travel" list for Europe -- at least I'm in good company because every other American is on the same list. 



Comments