Shakespeare's Words to Live By

Daffodil, Central Park, 2013, NYC
Daffodil (Central Park 2013)

After a few false starts with the new instructions from Pinterest on how to embed Pins into my blog, I seem to have mastered the task (they changed the rules on us).  Of course, I'll believe it when I publish this and my Pin shows up!  The good news, I guess, is that I am still on Pinterest (see PINcensured for why I might have thought I would be kicked off).  But I digress.

Right around the holidays, I decided that I wanted to get rid of a desk and so I started to empty out the drawers.  I came upon an old red wallet and buried within it was a beat up piece of paper with a Shakespeare quote typed in a small rectangle on it.  Yes, I said typed as in an IBM Selectric typewriter placing ink ever so gently onto paper.  So quaint.  So old-fashioned.

Of course technology has changed since then and rather than transferring the paper to my current wallet, I snapped a photo of it.  Yep -- some 30 years later -- I still love the quote.  Shakespeare for sure gave us words to live by no matter how old we are.


Comments