From Behind: Third Prize Photo

Walking in a Winter Wonderland #walking #walkinginawinterwonderland #centralpark #nyc 2014
Walking in a Winter Wonderland
So, I entered another photo contest -- admittedly without as much fervor as the #BGwindows contest I won in 2012 where I must have entered about 50 photos (Wow!).  As followers of this blog know, I am a tad obsessed with the #BGwindows although I am still waiting for David Hoey and team to recognize that there is, in fact, a place between Youth and Scattered Ashes.  Sigh, maybe next May.

Back to the photo contest.  I entered the Grantmakers in Aging (GIA) Friendly Faces, Friendly Places photo contest and took home third prize in the Parks & Neighborhoods category for the photo above (a variation can be found in Walking. Function. Geriatrics.).

I'm going to continue on this quest to capture people from behind.   I like the combination of mystery (who is that person? where is she (or he) going? where has he (she) been?) and revelation (how someone walks, the shape of her (his) body, the way he (she)  hold her (him) self).

Take a minute to check out the photos from the GIA contest -- they had submissions from all over the world and it's pretty amazing to see so many different perspectives on aging in one place.  All submissions can be found here.

I am honored to have been chosen from amongst so many great entries!

Comments

Post a Comment