A Small Confession

Sometimes, I hold my camera like a point and shoot.  Oh, wait, this is a confession.  I confess -- that should be MOST of the time.  In other words, I've pretty much divorced my electronic viewfinder (EVF).  There are definitely times when I do use my EVF (like when I'm taking a picture in strong sunlight as in Sunny Morning Tulips) but most times it's the LCD screen for me.

There are three reasons for this.  One, I spend a lot of time during the week using my iPhone to take photos which has gotten me way more used to framing things on a screen.  Two, the screen articulates on my OMD EM5 -- no more kneeling, bending, or twisting to get the shot which is great (particularly for my knees).  Three, my "older" eyes just seem to do better with the screen.

So, there you have it, I don't use the EVF all that much anymore.  And that's OK.


Comments