Peonies in Bloom

Peony in Bloom, English Garden, Central Park, NYC
Peony in Bloom I
I have a vase from my grandmother that she would use for peonies every spring.  It's bronze with gold accents and it reminds me of her.  I can see it sitting on a dark mahogany table in the entry way of their house in Brooklyn.  A house filled with lace doilies and red velvet clad furniture, and come spring, the scent of peonies.  I don't know if my grandmother ever visited the Conservatory Garden in Central Park -- I do know she would have loved the way it comes alive in spring time.  She would have loved the peonies.

Peony Buds, English Garden, Central Park, NewYork City
Peony Stages
Peony in Bloom, English Garden, Central Park, New York City
Peony in Bloom in II
Peony, English Garden, Central Park, NYC
The Peony Show
Peony Buds, English Garden, Central Park, NewYork City
Peony Emerging

Comments