Rainy Day Garden

Iris, Rainy Day, Conservatory Garden, Central Park, NYC
Rainy Day Iris
I took a walk in Central Park today.  My feet got sopping wet and my umbrella was too small but the park is SO peaceful on a rainy day that getting a little (while, a lot) wet was totally worth it. 

I was reminded, as I always am on cloudy damp days, that the sensor in my camera is too small.  Don't get me wrong, I love my Olympus -- it's just that it does not do so well in low light.  The little bit of research I've done to date suggests that I should switch brands when I upgrade my camera.  I'm in no hurry because for most of what I do, my trusty Olympus works just fine.  For sure I'll need to upgrade if I ever set out on another trip to see the northern lights!

Most of these were shot with my macro lens (a Zuiko) -- it was the only one that I had a reasonable chance of keeping dry under the umbrella (the too small umbrella to be exact).  Since I am a little bored with iPhoto (not many bells and whistles when it comes to editing options), all photos here were edited in Snapseed.  
Spirea, Rainy Day, Conservatory Garden, Central Park, NYC
Spirea on a Rainy Day
Spirea, Rainy Day, Conservatory Garden, Central Park, NYC
Rainy Day Spirea from Behind
Rain Drops on Flowers, Conservatory Garden, Central Park, NYC
Seemingly Encased by Rain Drops
Tulip, Rainy Day, Conservatory Garden, Central Park, NYC
Rainy Day Tulip
Rain Drops, Conservatory Garden, Central Park, NYC
Seemingly Encased by Raindrops II

Comments