The Doors of Cartagena

Cartagena Street, #Cartagena #Columbia 2014
Cartagena Street

After a very long walk on Saturday (8 miles -- half marathon here I come), I spent yesterday trying to catch up on editing vacation photos (fun) and getting rid of paper (necessary).   I am slowly working my way through photos from my Panama Canal cruise on #HollandAmerica last winter and working my way UP to tackling the actual photos from the oh so short Panama Canal portion of the cruise.  Of course, because I am behind in editing the photos, I am behind on blogging about my adventures aboard #HollandAmerica (aka #HALcruises).  I posted a couple of posts from the ship (Cruise Ship Dos and Cruise Ship Don'ts, Aruba, or Last One on the Bus Again) but the connectivity was so bad that I stopped trying to do that pretty quickly.

All of this is a rather long-winded preamble to the point of this post which is to introduce you to the beautiful doors of Cartagena, Columbia.  As an aside, some day I intend to be able to spell Cartagena perfectly on the first try -- hopefully before I try and book a flight back to visit.  This was one of my favorite stops on the cruise -- vibrant colors, beautiful people, history galore.  It helped that the intrepid Nancy B (aka the B) and I escaped the packaged cruise offerings on this particular stop.   It was great to be able to wander the streets on our own and wander we did.  So much so, in fact, that we were once again the last ones on the bus again (no, really, we were the last ones on the bus).

I could see spending a lot more time in Cartagena.  It's definitely on my list for a return visit -- only this time to stop and stay for a while without the pressure of getting back to a cruise ship that is rushing towards its time slot for traversing the Panama Canal.

More doors can be found in my album,  The Doors of Cartagena.  

Peeling & Layering, #cartagena #columbia 2014
Peeling & Layering

Oh, and if you look closely enough at the photo above, you might just be able to catch a glimpse of the mysterious and Intrepid Nancy B.

Comments