Completed

The Bling, #halfmarathon #walking #weschesterhalf 2014
The Bling

One of the challenges I set for myself in 2014 was to walk a half marathon (Resolved) sometime in the fall.  Check!

Along the way, I walked 500 miles or so according to my Fitbit and I've seen a lot of parts of NYC that I had not seen before.  I chronicled most of these walks with a photo or two (or maybe 3 or 4 or 10 -- you get my drift) with my trusty iPhone and posted many of my finds to Instagram (nlundebjerg).  

My adventures in walking included a jaunt up to the George Washington Bridge where I finally saw the Little Red Light House.

Little Red Lighthouse, #littleredlighthouse #lighthouse #nyc #hudsonriver 20
Little Red Lighthouse

Rambles around Central Park where I wasn't supposed to stop and take any photographs (while, maybe I have time for just one or two).

Flower Power, #conservatorygarden #flower #flowerpower #centralpark #nyc 2014
Flower Power

Strolls after work that often began with a stroll along Fulton towards the Freedom Tower and ended somewhere up north...

Freedom Tower, #freedomtower #nyc #architecture #modern 2014
Freedom Tower

Jaunts along the East River walking path -- which takes one under the Brooklyn and the Manhattan Bridge among other things.

East River Reflections, #eastriver #eastriverreflections #reflections 2014
East River Reflections

Walks across the Brooklyn Bridge -- including a very early morning jaunt at the magical hour when the bridge is populated by solitary runners, walkers, and bikers.  

Brooklyn Bridge, #brooklynbridge #nyc 2014
Brooklyn Bridge
And a lot of art which I am thinking counts towards that other resolution to go on more art expeditions.

Up in a Tree, #bradleytheodore #streetart #art #graffiti 2014
Up in a Tree

Dancing in the Streets, #keithharing #art #nyc #sculpture 2014
Dancing in the Streets

I am registered to walk another half marathon in December.  I am hoping to break four hours -- if only because it's going to be a whole heck of a lot colder.  

Comments

  1. love the Brooklyn bridge and the East River shots (the most). "flower power" is of a tithonium also known as the Mexican sunflower. Congrats on keeping your resolution. JP

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment