Freedom Tower

It's been a while since I've had my camera with me for a walk in Battery Park.  The last time looks to be on one of the first walks that I took post having toe surgery -- Rolling through My Toes.  I was so ambitious in that post, not only was I going to free myself of the iPhoto library, I was also going to start shooting in raw.  Pleased to report that one of those things is done.  I was on the cusp of getting my OMD EM5 (Olympus) and dithering over whether to get new lenses or a converter for my existing lenses.  You can probably figure out how that went.

As for the Freedom Tower, it has changed a lot since that 2013 photo.  For one, it's open and tenants have moved in.  It's become a fixture in the NYC city skyline.  So much so, that last nights news reported that the spire was lit up in red, white, and blue to celebrate the USA women's soccer team win.  I kept waiting for them to mention the Empire State Building (also lit up) but that was not to be.

Photograph Freedom Tower by Nancy Lundebjerg on 500px


Comments