Day 23: 31 Days of Holiday Windows

Holiday Shoe Shopping, Lord & Taylor, #5thAvenueWindows NYC 2013
Holiday Shoe Shopping
Today was fairly productive given that it was a rainy gloomy day in New York City.  I made bread, fancy chocolate chip cookies, and cut up the fudge that was made last night.  I picked up cupcakes (an emerging family tradition) and divvied up the spaghetti sauce so I have a container to up to CT tomorrow morning.  I managed to fit in some work this morning as well and I packed (hopefully in a way that makes it easy to get it all through Grand Central and on to the train tomorrow.  It can't be anywhere as bad as when I'd buy the kids presents and lug them home on the bus.  Or can it?

I also cleaned out a bunch of seriously expired canned goods. Meaning that if some disaster happens, I no longer have supplies to tide me over until the cavalry rides in.  Unless I go out and buy some more tuna that is.  Tuna that will no doubt expire at some point.  Maybe I need to look into MREs.  

Finally, I managed to fit two Lifetime Channel movies in to the mix.  I would prefer the oldies (White Christmas, Holiday Inn, Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life) but have yet to see them showing  so it was the Lifetime movies or NCIS.  Although the modern day Lifetime movie pretty much follows the story arc of White Christmas (girl meets boy, girl and boy save something, girl and boy fall in love, and you know the rest), they do not feature the likes of Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney.  And they can't hold a candle to "It's a Wonderful Life"!  

Today's window features are from the Lord & Taylor (above) and Bloomingdale's windows (below).  New York shoppers from different eras as it were.  And as an added bonus, Google has "awesomized" the Bloomingdale's photo.  

Modern Day Bloomingdale's Girl, #5thAvenueWindows NYC 2013
Modern Day Bloomingdale's Girl
Modern Day Bloomingdale's Girl - Awesomized! #5thAvenueWindows NYC 2013
Modern Day Bloomingdale's Girl - Awesomized!

Comments