Day 20: 31 Days of Holiday Windows

Yeti in the City, #SaksYeti #5thavenuewindows #NYC 2013
Yeti in the City
The best thing about day 20 of 31 days of holiday windows is that I am (technically) off for the next two weeks.  The technically is that I did not quite finish up a few things and so I may spend some time catching up over the next couple of weeks.  But, for all intents and purposes I am off which is some kind of wonderful.

I can often be found traveling at this time of year (My Rapa Nui, Lucky Woman, Wildebeest Lessons, Paradise Found) but, this year, I am content to not be on the road in the next two weeks.  I must confess I poked around on the web looking to see if I could put something short (and cheap) together but it was a bit like Goldilocks and the three bears.  The lodging prices were right but the airfare was obscene or the airfare was OK but the lodging was obscene.  There was nothing that was just right.  Which leaves me free to plan some other trips for later on in 2014 (more on those at another time).

I'm looking forward to family time in CT and to having some days with nothing to do other than read, go to a movie, and maybe catch up on editing the photos from my last trip before I go on the next one.  Catching up on sleep also sounds pretty good!

Today's feature windows are from Saks (above) and #BGwindows (below).  

Turkey Day on Ice, #holidaysonice #5thavenuewindows #BGwindows #NYC 2013
Turkey Day on Ice!

Comments